What You Should Know About T-Bone Car Accidents
T-bone accidents can happen at any time. When they do, they can cause serious, life changing injuries. A car accident lawyer can help accident victims recover compensation for their injuries and other damages.
Helping those involved in T-bone car accidents throughout Scranton, PA, Stroudsburg, PA, Wilkes-Barre, PA, and Northeastern Pennsylvania, Foley Law Firm can represent you in your time of need.
What Is a T-Bone Car Accident?
A T-bone accident refers to a car crash in which the front of a vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. This type of collision is called a T-bone because the vehicles form the shape of a “T.”
Also called broadside collisions, T-bone accidents usually occur at intersections. Often, one driver fails to stop at a red light or stop sign while another driver crosses the intersection.
T-bone accidents can also happen when a driver makes a poorly timed left turn on a green yield signal.
Causes of T-Bone Car Accidents
T-bone accidents can happen at any time and anywhere that traffic crosses. There are several possible causes of T-bone accidents. Some of the most common causes include:
- Speeding: Speeding drivers can cause T-bone accidents by driving too fast to stop in time for a red light or stop sign.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents, including T-bone accidents. Distracted driving occurs any time a person takes their attention off of driving. This can include texting, talking to passengers, eating, changing the radio, or any other activity that diverts attention.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol impacts judgment and motor skills, which can result in T-bone accidents.
- Failure to stop at a stop sign or red light: Failure to stop at a stop sign or red light for any reason can result in a T-bone accident.
- Trying to beat the light: Drivers who try to beat a yellow light before it turns red may end up causing a T-bone accident if they cross the intersection when the light is red.
- Poor judgement when turning left: Driver error when turning left can cause a T-bone accident. When a driver turns left on a yield in front of an oncoming vehicle, it can result in a T-bone accident.
Possible Injuries from T-Bone Car Accidents
T-bone accidents can cause serious injuries and even fatalities. Many injuries can impact quality of life and lead to months or years of rehabilitation. Some possible injuries from T-bone accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Injuries to the internal organs
Seek Compensation for Damages
T-bone accidents can result in serious injuries and high costs for accident victims. A car accident attorney can help recover compensation for injuries and related damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of future wages
- Pain and suffering
Our Attorneys Can Help
If you have been injured in a T-bone accident and would like to find out how our attorneys can help you, call (570) 342-8194 to schedule a consultation.